Creating outstanding partnerships and growth strategies requires great people with exceptional intellect, drive and tenacity. The Kessler Group is constantly on the lookout for bright, motivated and creative talent eager to push the envelope of their expertise.
Those who join our team will be exposed to some of the richest opportunities and most interesting challenges of their career. Within Kessler and beyond, our people are successful because of the unique experiences they gain during their time here.
Life at The Kessler Group is more than a job. Our culture is fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial. We thrive in an environment where forward-thinking ideas meet drive and dedication. We are strong believers in pay-for-performance and offer a very robust array of benefits. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
The Kessler Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Department: Marketing & Consulting Services
Reports To: SVP, Marketing & Consulting Services
KG’s Marketing & Consulting Services group works with our financial services clients to build, grow and transform their businesses. We leverage our deep direct marketing heritage to assist and advise our clients on optimizing their marketing return on investment — this continues to be an area of strength with deep client relationships. We compliment this deep marketing expertise with broader financial services advisory capabilities across product management, product development, analytics, process reengineering, and supply-chain management.
We are currently seeking a senior card strategist who has an extensive background in developing credit card marketing strategies and tactics. The VP will be responsible for leading the development of credit card acquisition and portfolio management direct marketing strategies and tactics for major clients, day-to-day management of one or more strategic client engagements. A successful person in this role will need to be a strategic thinker, an effective business development representative, a disciplined marketer, a capable analyst and a change agent for our client(s). This person will direct and control resources to support our clients, keep marketing campaigns flowing smoothly, identify new opportunities for transforming and improving our clients’ businesses and will work in collaboration with a broad range of Kessler employees to drive our clients’ business results. This person will also participate in business development activities and collaborate in the leadership of the advisory practice.
- Hands-on development of a broad suite of credit card marketing campaign strategies and tactics to support client’s new account acquisition and portfolio management goals
- Day-to-day oversight of newly created or existing marketing engagements (both for new account origination as well as existing account optimization on behalf of clients)
- Review of campaign results and analysis, modifying current strategies based on results to continually drive improved performance
- Consistent fulfillment of engagement deliverables and meeting/exceeding key success metrics
- Regular interaction/communication with assigned clients and client teams across multiple functions and levels
- Identification and delivery of breakthrough business solutions capable of generating significant growth for client businesses as well as Kessler Marketing & Consulting Services business
- Coordination/leadership of a team of professionals (colleagues on other teams or at the client) to deliver maximum results from business activities
- Primary management of the client(s) relationship
- P&L responsibility for the overall client(s) relationship
- Bachelor’s Degree in business oriented discipline, or relevant demonstrable experience. M.B.A. highly desired
- 5 – 10 years financial services marketing background, past experience developing credit card marketing programs and tactics required
- Deep understanding of the credit card business , product lifecycle and P&L drivers
- Proven ability to ideate, problem solve and obtain client buy in for new business/marketing program/consulting engagement initiatives
- Ability to translate strategic plans into tactical initiatives/activities
- Demonstrated success in analyzing data in order to identify, structure & implement new business strategies, product/promotion ideas and marketing programs
- Experience in consulting and/or client services roles a strong plus
- Ability to work as an independent contributor as well as a team leader
- Proven experience leading change initiatives with demonstrable and measurable results
- Demonstrated leader and self-starter
- Strong organizational skills and deep attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including presentation and client management skills
- High level of professionalism in dealing with client, partners, vendors and internal team members
Please note this position may require 25% to 50% travel.